Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken
A flavorful, juicy roasted chicken with a light lemon essence
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 1 hr
- one 2-3lb Red Bird chicken
- two lemons
- half a medium sized yellow onion, cut in half
- 1/3 stick unsalted butter
- minced garlic to taste (I usually use 3-4 cloves)
- olive oil
- 1 T Rosemary divided in half
-1 T garlic powder
- 1 T onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
-Preheat over to 450 degrees.
-While oven preheats, rinse and dry the chicken with paper towels
- Mix garlic cloves and half of the rosemary into the butter
- Once mixed, make a small slit into the skin of the chicken and begin stuffing the layer between the skin and the meat with the butter mixture (I use a spoon to help separate the skin)
- Once the butter is spread throughout the bird, cut your lemons in half and put them, along with your onion halves, in the inside cavity
- lightly coat the outside of the bird with olive oil
- season with remaining rosemary and other dry seasonings (feel free to add your own too)
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and, when the oven is up to temperature, put the chicken in the oven.
- Roast it until it's done, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, let it rest for 10 minutes before carving
Thank you Jammin 101.5 and Matt!