Chicken Florentine Roll-Ups
Makes: 8 servings
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 8 4-ounce Red Bird Farms Chicken Breasts (about 2 pounds total)
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese at room temperature, or part-skim ricotta
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced soft sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch (or similar-size 3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mash spinach, cream cheese (or ricotta), sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and garlic powder with a fork in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Place chicken cutlets on a work surface. Sprinkle both sides with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place about 2 tablespoons of the spinach mixture in the center of each cutlet. Roll up the chicken around the filling and secure each roll-up with 2 toothpicks; place in the prepared pan. Pour wine around the roll-ups. Cover the pan with foil.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest roll registers 165°F, 30 to 40 minutes. Slice with a serrated knife and serve.